It is the hope of this program that no child in Iredell County should have to grieve alone. In keeping with that mission, the following information and resources are provided to help children and families who are experiencing grief and loss.
- Griefnet.org provides virtual support by connecting bereaved youth and adults. The website offers email support groups, opportunities to memorialize a loved one and resources for working through grief.
- Grief Watch
- Grief Watch offers an impressive array of bereavement resources encompassing topics such as hospice, adult grief and suicide and also provides insightful content to help individuals working through personal loss.
- Hello Grief
- Hello Grief provides information and resources about grief in order to break through the culture of avoidance that often surrounds death and loss. Hello Grief addresses bereavement head-on for those who are helping others cope as well as those who need support on their own personal journey with grief.
- Shared Grief Project
- The Shared Grief Project website is home to the stories of individuals who have experienced a major loss at an early age and have gone on to live healthy, happy and successful lives. It is a great resource for inspiration for those who are currently navigating the path of bereavement.
- The Dougy Center
- The Dougy Center's website contains information on childhood and teen bereavement issues and assists families in locating their nearest grief center.